dcsimg

Basic Floral Design Online

I was recently reminded of the importance of Basic Floral Design Training in a very sweet note that I received from a graduate of several years ago who today owns a beautiful and successful flower shop. This graduate had recently attended an advanced seminar featuring several master floral designers. Her note began "Thank you so much for the valuable training that I received in your Basic Floral Design Program. I could not believe how well your program prepared me for this seminar. The master designers were wonderful and I learned so much, but without your basic training, the seminar would have been an experience in frustration and I would have learned very little".

Sign Up for this Certification Program Now!

This is why the Floral Design Institute Basic Floral Design Online Program is acclaimed as the most complete and comprehensive online floral design training program in the world. Our program will provide all of the training necessary for a professional floral design career position, or to allow you to launch your own floral business. The program is an approved pathway for the achievement of your Certified Floral Designer status.

Floral Design Institute is a licensed by the department of education, recognized as an AIFD Educational Partner, and an approved educational pathway to AIFD certification and accreditation. All of our instructors are Certified Floral Designers and five have been awarded Accreditation by the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD).

Sign Up for this Certification Program Now!

The training is broken down into 31 separate Instruction Segments. Each segment may include a combination of reading, videos, quizzes, design submissions and essay submissions. This is a hands-on program and you will be completing assigned floral designs which you will photograph and submit to your instructors for evaluation, critique, and suggestions for improvement. The instructors may also suggest additional training exercises to help you improve you skills.

As you progress through your lessons, you will learn new skills and develop the proficiency necessary to apply these skills. You will be amazed at how quickly you will master the skills of floral design. Our proven teaching methods will have you ready to step into a job upon completion of the program. You will learn and understand the elements, principles, forms, styles and techniques of floral design. You will learn how to make all of the most popular floral arrangements, and how to price these arrangements. You will learn how to design wedding flowers, party flowers, sympathy flowers, holiday designs, and flowers for special occasions. You will learn all about the most common flower varieties, the latest techniques for the care and handling of flowers, where and how to buy wholesale flowers, and so, so much more.

After you have successfully passed your final exams we will immediately send you your Floral Design Institute Graduation Certificate of Achievement. You will now possess not only a Graduation Certificate from one of the most respected Floral Design Schools in the world, you will also own a complete photographic portfolio of your own floral design work plus, the knowledge, the training, the skills, and the practical experience that will allow you start a career as a floral designer.

Sign Up for this Certification Program Now!

Back to All Blog Posts

Comments (45)

1. Smith Barbara J:

Nov 29, 2018 at 07:59 AM

Please mail me information about this floral arrangement certificate program.

2. david:

Nov 29, 2018 at 10:08 AM

Hi Barbara, I will need your mailing address to do this..... I suggest that you fill out our "Free Brochure" form. Link follows; https://www.floraldesigninstitute.com/free-brochure.html

3. Marta:

Dec 19, 2018 at 08:46 PM

I need information for floral class

4. david:

Dec 20, 2018 at 08:15 AM

Hi Marta, I will need your mailing address to do this..... I suggest that you fill out our "Free Brochure" form. Link follows; https://www.floraldesigninstitute.com/free-brochure.html

5. Mafalda Negron:

Dec 26, 2018 at 08:25 AM

I need to you mailing this information

6. david:

Dec 26, 2018 at 09:09 AM

Hi Mafalda, I will need your mailing address to do this..... I suggest that you fill out our "Free Brochure" form. Link follows; https://www.floraldesigninstitute.com/free-brochure.html

7. Elena:

Feb 23, 2019 at 09:14 AM

I need information for certified class

8. Geni:

Feb 25, 2019 at 08:58 AM

I need information for floral class

9. david:

Feb 25, 2019 at 09:29 AM

Elena and Geni, The information can be found at this link: https://www.floraldesigninstitute.com/new-basic-floral-design-online.html

10. Pureza:

Mar 05, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Did you have schools in Dallas

11. david:

Mar 06, 2019 at 08:54 AM

Hi Pureza, Our only classroom is in Portland, Oregon. Our Online Certification Programs are International. David

12. Simin Zhai:

Mar 10, 2019 at 07:01 PM

Hi!

I would like to obtain the certificate of Certified Floral Designer (CFD), could you help me with that? If so , what is the procedure? I can only do distance learning because I am in US right now.

Thank you!
    Simin

13. david:

Mar 11, 2019 at 09:32 AM

Hello Simin, Yes we can help you obtain your “CFD” certification. You would have to complete our Online Basic Floral Design Program and our Online Advanced Floral Design Program. Upon graduation you would be awarded our Certified Floral Designer (FDI) Certification. We would then submit your name to the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD) as qualified to test for the AIFD “CFD” Certification. This is an online, open-book test. Upon successful completion of this test (our graduates have a 100% pass rate history} you would be awarded the AIFD CFD Certification. David

14. Simin:

Mar 11, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Hi David!

Thank you for your info and kind reply. I would love the attend both of the online courses. By the way, is there any discount for university students? Currently I am a student in Boston University.

Thanks!

15. david:

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:02 PM

Simin, Delighted that you are planning to join us for these programs. Sorry, but as a licensed vocational school we are not allowed to offer any discounts for certification programs. See you in school...... David

16. gabby:

Mar 25, 2019 at 10:58 AM

Good morning,
    I would like additional information on this program!

17. david:

Mar 25, 2019 at 02:34 PM

Hi Gabby,
    Complete information can be found at this link....

David

18. Micki Miguel:

Apr 02, 2019 at 10:24 AM

I am from the Philippines. Can I enroll on this BASIC FLORAL DESIGN Online course?
    I would also want to know what if the flowers required for the assignments and exams not available in my country?

Best regards,
    Micki

19. david:

Apr 02, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Hi Micki, Yes, you can enroll in the Basic Floral Design Online Certification Program. We have many international students and graduates. Flowers do differ by region, but there always acceptable substitutions. Our instructors are experts at assisting students with flower selections and are always available to help you.

20. Bernadete Graham:

Apr 03, 2019 at 07:59 AM

How much and how long to get this certificate

21. david:

Apr 03, 2019 at 09:32 AM

Hi Bernadete,
    The cost of this certificate program is $1,750 US. The program is self-paced. The average time for program completion is 4 months. Students have complete the program in as little of 5 weeks.

22. Ruby:

Apr 07, 2019 at 08:21 AM

is the fee of $1,750. included for both the Basic and Advance Design or is that another fee?

23. david:

Apr 11, 2019 at 08:23 AM

Hi Ruby,
    The cost of the Online Basic Floral Design Program is $1,750.
    The cost of the Online Advanced Floral Design Program is $650.

24. Kaprina Stewart:

May 01, 2019 at 02:43 PM

Hi,
    I am wondering do you receive federal financial aid to help potential students like myself so we can join your school? If so how would you handle that?
    Thanks,
    Kaprina Stewart

25. david:

May 12, 2019 at 07:33 AM

Hi Kaprina, We are a state licensed vocational school. We qualify for state funding and private scholarships. You can check with your local employment department or Work Source. We do not qualify for federal funding. David

26. Purple:

May 12, 2019 at 02:07 PM

I would like to know if your basic floral online class will include the newest trend of floral arrangement like creating floral arches, table garland, flower crowns. What is required to get the CFD and how long will it take and is the online class have a deadline to complete the course.

27. david:

May 24, 2019 at 07:19 PM

Hi Purple!
    We just updated our online and in-person courses. The garland and crowns are included in the Basic Floral Design course. Statement pieces and structures - think arbors, arches, chandeliers, and floating centerpieces are in the September Creative Retreat.

The CFD requires successful completion of Basic and Advanced Floral Design to receive your FDI Certified Floral Designer status and then, an online test with the American Institute of Floral Designers to receive your CFD through them.

The online course has 1 year for completion with full teacher support. You have lifetime access to the materials after that.

28. Lizette castro:

Jun 05, 2019 at 05:55 PM

Me gustaría saber si tienen clases en español

29. david:

Jun 06, 2019 at 08:21 AM

All classes are taught in English....

30. Deborah:

Jun 07, 2019 at 02:46 PM

Is there an examination that you would need to take to be certified

31. david:

Jun 10, 2019 at 08:44 AM

Yes, there is an examination.....

32. Tina:

Jun 15, 2019 at 09:17 PM

Would like information mailed or email to me.

33. david:

Jun 16, 2019 at 02:09 PM

Tina, A digital brochure is being sent to you. You may find additional information on our website at: https://www.floraldesigninstitute.com/new-basic-floral-design-online.html

34. Leah:

Aug 06, 2019 at 03:07 PM

I am leaving Corpus Christi Texas
    How can I get certification here
    If get online basics class from there

35. david:

Aug 07, 2019 at 08:12 AM

Hi Leah,

Certification through Floral Design Institute is recognized worldwide.

36. Stephanie:

Sep 12, 2019 at 07:30 AM

Hi!
    I would love to take your certification classes, in person would have been ideal, but Minnesota isn't exactly that close. With your online certification course do you offer payment plans or just one lump sum?

Stephanie

37. david:

Sep 19, 2019 at 03:00 PM

38. Mary bertolotti:

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:30 AM

Is there any to receive a small preview of a class before I commit to the 1750 fee

39. Cisca Peszynski:

Oct 22, 2019 at 07:38 PM

Hello, can we take the advanced class only? I already worked in the flower store and I have a flower business and have clients for weddings, dinner parties, etc. I may need some more advanced techniques and new trends to add to my expertise. Thank you.

40. david:

Oct 23, 2019 at 07:37 AM

Cisca, Yes, given your experience you may take the Advanced Floral Design Program.

41. david:

Oct 23, 2019 at 08:16 AM

Mary. Oh, yes! We have a Facebook LIVE that demonstrates the use of the online student portfolio. You can watch it in replay and learn more about the program. Of course, you can also review our online videos. If you like them, you will love the professional course.
    Online Floral Studies lifestream / https://business.facebook.com/FloralDesignInstitute/videos/691737317980158/

42. Lily Sastra:

Nov 03, 2019 at 01:48 PM

I don't live in USA, but in Asia, Indonesia.
    Is it possible for me to joint online class?
    As our material can not be the same, even in the quality.
    Is there any objections if I use different flora material, that
    for sure the arrangement will be a bit different.

43. david:

Nov 04, 2019 at 07:19 AM

Hi Lily, Yes, you may join us for online training. Flowers, foliages and design materials do vary around the world. However, our instructors are very experienced at helping our international students find appropriate substitutions for design projects. We look forward to having you join us.

44. Mary Ann Eisinger:

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:03 AM

I am still evaluating the program in order to justify my tiny budget. I have always loved the world of beautiful flowers. I am impressed with your videos.

45. david:

Dec 13, 2019 at 09:11 AM

Hi Mary Ann, Thank you for your kind words. When you are ready to join us, we will be here for you.