dcsimg

Basic Floral Design Online

I was recently reminded of the importance of Basic Floral Design Training in a very sweet note that I received from a graduate of several years ago who today owns a beautiful and successful flower shop. This graduate had recently attended an advanced seminar featuring several master floral designers. Her note began "Thank you so much for the valuable training that I received in your Basic Floral Design Program. I could not believe how well your program prepared me for this seminar. The master designers were wonderful and I learned so much, but without your basic training, the seminar would have been an experience in frustration and I would have learned very little".

Sign Up for this Certification Program Now!

This is why the Floral Design Institute Basic Floral Design Online Program is acclaimed as the most complete and comprehensive online floral design training program in the world. Our program will provide all of the training necessary for a professional floral design career position, or to allow you to launch your own floral business. The program is an approved pathway for the achievement of your Certified Floral Designer status.

Floral Design Institute is a licensed by the department of education, recognized as an AIFD Educational Partner, and an approved educational pathway to AIFD certification and accreditation. All of our instructors are Certified Floral Designers and five have been awarded Accreditation by the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD).

Sign Up for this Certification Program Now!

The training is broken down into 31 separate Instruction Segments. Each segment may include a combination of reading, videos, quizzes, design submissions and essay submissions. This is a hands-on program and you will be completing assigned floral designs which you will photograph and submit to your instructors for evaluation, critique, and suggestions for improvement. The instructors may also suggest additional training exercises to help you improve you skills.

As you progress through your lessons, you will learn new skills and develop the proficiency necessary to apply these skills. You will be amazed at how quickly you will master the skills of floral design. Our proven teaching methods will have you ready to step into a job upon completion of the program. You will learn and understand the elements, principles, forms, styles and techniques of floral design. You will learn how to make all of the most popular floral arrangements, and how to price these arrangements. You will learn how to design wedding flowers, party flowers, sympathy flowers, holiday designs, and flowers for special occasions. You will learn all about the most common flower varieties, the latest techniques for the care and handling of flowers, where and how to buy wholesale flowers, and so, so much more.

After you have successfully passed your final exams we will immediately send you your Floral Design Institute Graduation Certificate of Achievement. You will now possess not only a Graduation Certificate from one of the most respected Floral Design Schools in the world, you will also own a complete photographic portfolio of your own floral design work plus, the knowledge, the training, the skills, and the practical experience that will allow you start a career as a floral designer.

Sign Up for this Certification Program Now!

Back to All Blog Posts

Comments (15)

1. Smith Barbara J:

Nov 29, 2018 at 07:59 AM

Please mail me information about this floral arrangement certificate program.

2. david:

Nov 29, 2018 at 10:08 AM

Hi Barbara, I will need your mailing address to do this..... I suggest that you fill out our "Free Brochure" form. Link follows; https://www.floraldesigninstitute.com/free-brochure.html

3. Marta:

Dec 19, 2018 at 08:46 PM

I need information for floral class

4. david:

Dec 20, 2018 at 08:15 AM

Hi Marta, I will need your mailing address to do this..... I suggest that you fill out our "Free Brochure" form. Link follows; https://www.floraldesigninstitute.com/free-brochure.html

5. Mafalda Negron:

Dec 26, 2018 at 08:25 AM

I need to you mailing this information

6. david:

Dec 26, 2018 at 09:09 AM

Hi Mafalda, I will need your mailing address to do this..... I suggest that you fill out our "Free Brochure" form. Link follows; https://www.floraldesigninstitute.com/free-brochure.html

7. Elena:

Feb 23, 2019 at 09:14 AM

I need information for certified class

8. Geni:

Feb 25, 2019 at 08:58 AM

I need information for floral class

9. david:

Feb 25, 2019 at 09:29 AM

Elena and Geni, The information can be found at this link: https://www.floraldesigninstitute.com/new-basic-floral-design-online.html

10. Pureza:

Mar 05, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Did you have schools in Dallas

11. david:

Mar 06, 2019 at 08:54 AM

Hi Pureza, Our only classroom is in Portland, Oregon. Our Online Certification Programs are International. David

12. Simin Zhai:

Mar 10, 2019 at 07:01 PM

Hi!

I would like to obtain the certificate of Certified Floral Designer (CFD), could you help me with that? If so , what is the procedure? I can only do distance learning because I am in US right now.

Thank you!
    Simin

13. david:

Mar 11, 2019 at 09:32 AM

Hello Simin, Yes we can help you obtain your “CFD” certification. You would have to complete our Online Basic Floral Design Program and our Online Advanced Floral Design Program. Upon graduation you would be awarded our Certified Floral Designer (FDI) Certification. We would then submit your name to the American Institute of Floral Designers (AIFD) as qualified to test for the AIFD “CFD” Certification. This is an online, open-book test. Upon successful completion of this test (our graduates have a 100% pass rate history} you would be awarded the AIFD CFD Certification. David

14. Simin:

Mar 11, 2019 at 11:38 AM

Hi David!

Thank you for your info and kind reply. I would love the attend both of the online courses. By the way, is there any discount for university students? Currently I am a student in Boston University.

Thanks!

15. david:

Mar 11, 2019 at 12:02 PM

Simin, Delighted that you are planning to join us for these programs. Sorry, but as a licensed vocational school we are not allowed to offer any discounts for certification programs. See you in school...... David